Sunday, January 5, 2014

7 Mile Sunday Run/Bleeding Through My Gloves

Let me start out by saying I went out for a run last night for the first time since Wednesday. Because, sub-zero temps and no treadmill means no running for Matt Thursday and Friday.  So, I was all excited because yesterday I purchased a new iPhone 5s and wanted to try the fancy updated Map My Run app on it.  Everything that could have gone wrong did! 

1. The new Map My Run is waaaayyy different and messed up the whole .4 mile run...  (Yes I only ran .4, I'll get to that later)

2. The 5s is wicked sensitive to being touched.  I didn't have my arm sleeve with me so I put it into jacket pocket.  Again, the whole .4 mile run buttons were hit, opening and closing things etc. etc.

3. Finally, I hadn't taken one of medicine yesterday because I was waiting for a refill.  When I don't take it, I sometimes feel a little fuzzy.  The feeling I got when I started running was complete dizziness.  The reason I only ran .4 was because when I got to that point, I became so dizzy that I almost fell, bracing myself not to fall.  I turned right around and walked back to my car.

This was a lesson that every runner needs to take seriously.  Listen to your body! I could have easily kept running and injured myself badly. But I didn't and I lived to run another day!

Today's run was simply perfect!  7 miles of comfortable running in great winter weather!  You know those runs where keep feeling stronger the farther you go?  Yeah, it was one of those.  And If you saw me out there I probably looked like this...

That run was exactly what I needed. I had a great rest of my day, spent with  Meg, CW and her parents.  

By the way... my hands are so dry that my left middle finger knuckle cracked and bled through my glove today!


Back to school tomorrow!  Oh, and one more thing! I'd like to thank L.U.N.A.R. and the Southern Tier Running Club for their shoutouts on Facebook!





HAPPY RUNNING!
🏃👟🎧

No comments:

Post a Comment