Monday, January 20, 2014

#megsmiles/ 8 miler with the wifey

 Good Morning!

It's been a long time. Life is busy, both work and home. I'm not complaining... I'd rather have a busy life than an empty life!


My wife and I are in full swing marathon training mode.  With roughly 4 months until the Vermont City Marathon, we are buckling down and following our training schedule.

Saturday was supposed to be an off day but we both managed to get out for a run because of a very important reason. On January 13th, Meg Menzies a mother of three, was killed by a drunk driver while out on her morning run.  In remembrance of her loss, the running community organized a way to honor her life.  Anyone who ran on Saturday the 18th was supposed to post their mileage on Facebook with the hashtag #megsmiles. In all, 70,000-100,000 runners ran for Meg on Saturday! This speaks volumes of the person Meg was and how strong our running community is!


On Sunday, Meg and I were scheduled to run an 8 miler.  All the running parents out there understand when I say that it's really hard to run together unless you have a great support system to help you out!  Luckily, my wife's parents are more than willing to take CW when needed!  While CW was enjoying a treat at Walker Cake Company, the wifey and I set out for an 8 miler.  Here's our route...


Running together is not only good for us physically, but also mentally and emotionally as well.  At a time in our lives when we are usually exhausted by 8 PM and have varying schedules, these runs allow us to catch up and are almost like a date.  It was soooo nice to be able to talk for those 8 miles and to spend some quality time together.  Thanks to my in laws and to the wifey herself!

HAPPY RUNNING! 🏃👟

No comments:

Post a Comment